14 June 2008

Car Horns in the AM

It's 4:13 AM, and I've been awake for quite some time. Some of the "new" neighbors on this street (for the most part, our neighborhood's population is pretty steady....as in, it's been the same people mostly for twenty years) feel the need to drive by with their very loud, home-made (did I mention very loud?) engines several times per night while also honking their horn. Is there a need for horns at 1:15 AM or even 3:00 AM? I didn't think so, unless someone is merging into your lane because they didn't see you. There's really no other reason I can think of - can you think of any reasons why someone's truck that is already loud enough would have to sound the horn while coming down our road not once, but twice during one night? Anything? Anything? And plus, there are not multiple lanes on our street, much less even lines painted on the street, so I see no need. These are also the neighbors that are significantly bringing down the average of "quality of people" (you're right - purely a subjective and judgmental statement for me to use - I apologize for my judgmentalism and snooty-ism) in the village. I'm not too worried about them seeing this - I do not think they are frequent bloggers.

Good morning to all. :)

No comments: