This week has been our cluster's busiest time yet. Basically, there will be a program this weekend at our host site to celebrate Fiesta (a day in honor of a patron saint). Part of the Filipino culture is that important guests apparently become part of the day's festivities. About two weeks ago, our cluster was informed that we were going to be emcees for the event. We thought, "Okay, we can do that I suppose". Then, about one week ago, we found out that we are supposed to perform a traditional Filipino dance....for 250 people. The dance is Tinikling, which is performed with two people jumping in and out of bamboo sticks that are clapped together on every third beat. Well, considering I have no musical or dance talent whatsoever, the week has been tough! We have two-hour practices every night, which is definitely equivalent to a two-hour step aerobics class. It's been interesting! Tuesday was by far my most frustrating day since being here in the Philippines. There are not many things that I really want to succeed at where I find myself failing miserably, and this was one of them. I was frustrated! Fortunately, on Wednesday our director told us they had the idea of slowing down the music so we would be able to be more successful. Thank.goodness. Because it would not have been pretty. We have three more practices before the big show, so wish me luck!
This Sunday we are also leaving for two weeks to go to our supervisors conference (4 days), our permanent sites (3 days), and our street immersion site (1 week). It should be nice to get away and a lot of fun. Oh yes, and we'll also find out where our permanent sites are, which is the best part. It's causing us much anxiety. And by us, I mean me. I just want to knowwwww! Three more days. Also, during that time, I do not know how my internet will be, so we'll see about that.
And P.S. I wrote two blogs this past weekend about what we did...but they're at home on my computer. Sorry! I'll post them as soon as I can. Much love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you get some video of this dance you speak of. Big Love.
Post a Comment